Seton Home works to break the cycle of abuse and poverty by providing a caring home, education, and support services necessary to transform the lives of pregnant and parenting teen mothers and their children.
Chartered by the State of Texas and licensed by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, Seton Home provides…
- Supervised safe shelter, food and clothing
- Individualized case management & counseling
- Medical/dental care, prenatal care
- Parenting education
- Academic counseling, weekly tutoring, on-site summer school
- Life skills education, financial literary classes, nutrition classes
- On-site licensed child care
- Spiritual and moral guidance
- Recreational activities
- Supportive services after leaving Seton Home
Under our license from Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, Seton Home operates a long-term residential program as well as an emergency shelter. 90% of our long-term residents have been placed with Seton Home by Child Protective Services.
Seton Home is a project of Catholic Charities, Archdiocese of San Antonio.
We serve teenage girls, ages 12-17, who are pregnant and/or parenting.
This program offers:
- Provides family assistance such as diapers, baby clothing, baby food, and baby articles*
- Parenting classes
- Life skills classes
- Case management, resources, and referrals
- Assistance with education, community connection, and career planning
- Other related services necessary for the well-being of the individual and their family
*Limited amount per person/family and based on availability.
Who is Eligible?
- Must be a U.S. citizen or qualified resident
- Must be one of the following:
- Parenting at least one child under 36 months of age
There are no income or insurance requirements to receive services.
Call or email for more information or to schedule a session.
For more information, or to schedule a session with one of our Outreach Counselors, contact Seton Home at 210-533-3504 ext. 216 or [email protected].
All services are free of charge.
If you are looking for a way to make a difference in the life of young mothers and their children, consider volunteering at or giving to Seton Home.
Volunteers are a critical part of our agency and enable us to provide services in a way that is life-changing. Each year, we are honored to have volunteers participate in individual or group projects. Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to make a financial donation.
Click here for a list of in-kind donations needed and instructions.
Click here to learn about Angel Tree, our annual Christmas tradition that reminds our moms and babies they are loved, especially during the holidays.