At Girls on the Run we inspire girls to recognize their inner strength and celebrate what makes them one of a kind. Trained coaches lead small teams through our research-based curricula which includes dynamic discussions, activities and running games. Over the course of the ten-week program, girls in 3rd-8th grade develop essential skills to help them navigate their worlds and establish a lifetime appreciation for health and fitness. The program culminates with girls positively impacting their communities through a service project and being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5K event.
We welcome enthusiastic, dedicated and positive volunteers who are committed to empowering girls with valuable life lessons. Coaches are parents, teachers, school administrators, college students and other community members who are committed to developing and celebrating our girls.
Warm-up your spirit fingers, lace up your sneakers, and inspire a group of girls to be strong and healthy. Teams of volunteer coaches facilitate our easy-to-follow curriculum with small groups of girls over the course of 10 weeks. Amidst the conversation, laughter, hugs, and energy awards, you will witness transformational change in the girls and don't be surprised if you realize that you are positively changing as well!
• Can be male or female
• Must be at least 18 years old
• CPR and First Aid certified, at least one coach per site
• Submit online volunteer registration form each season
• Consent to and complete a background check every two years
• Attend Girls on the Run coach training
• Commit to facilitate practice twice a week (full-time) or once a week (part-time) Note: Coach to girl ratios (2 coaches per 8-15 girls, 3 coaches per 16-20 girls) must be maintained at every practice
• Able to be silly and have fun, while lending a listening ear and open heart!