At BrightStar Care of Metro San Antonio, we believe that caring is more than just a job - it’s a way of life. That’s why our caregivers mean so much more to the people, families, and organizations they serve. BrightStar Care nurses, therapists, CNAs, and caregivers deliver professional and compassionate care in the comfort and familiarity of home. We are proud to provide a range of home care services to meet your loved one’s unique needs. From companionship, bathing, and hygiene assistance to in-home infusions and medication management, our professional care staff is available 24/7 to help when you need it most.
BrightStar Care of Metro San Antonio provides compassionate, personalized care to people with a life-limiting illness or injury, in conjunction with the family and primary hospice provider. From hourly help to 24-hour support from our qualified RNs, Licensed Vocational Nurses, or CNAs BrightStar Care hospice care professionals are available to help you and your loved ones.
What is Hospice Care and when is it an option?
Hospice care is a team-oriented approach for people with a terminal illness or injury. BrightStar Care compassionate care professionals help administer expert care as well as emotional and spiritual support to a person and their loved ones at end of life. Hospice care patients often include those with a cancer diagnosis, end-stage Alzheimer’s disease, heart disease, and lung disease.
A caregiver or nurse from BrightStar Care of Metro San Antonio can also give families solace in knowing that their loved ones are being cared for, even when members of the family are not able to be there.
Our specially trained hospice nurses and care staff can:
- Provide respite care when the family caregiver needs rest
- Assist with personal care, including bed, baths, toileting, and personal hygiene
- Manage medication and pain comfort
- Provide companionship and enhance the home environment with tasks such as light housekeeping, meal preparation, and running errands
- Track meal intake
- Assist client to meet end-of-life goals
We would be honored to be a part of your loved one’s hospice care team.
At BrightStar Care of Metro San Antonio, we understand that finding experienced and compassionate caregivers can be a challenge. While many of our clients still enjoy their independence, they might require some assistance, and our qualified care professionals go above and beyond to deliver on our promise of A Higher Standard of Care to the individuals and families they serve.
A BrightStar Care Registered Nurse (RN) Director of Nursing creates each client’s personalized plan of care and oversees its delivery by our professional care staff. Our companion services include personalized, around-the-clock care for anyone - of any age - who needs it, as well as:
- In-home support
- Light housekeeping and helping with laundry
- Meal planning and cooking
- Respite for family caregivers
- Help with shopping and errands
- Adult and senior transportation to and from doctor appointments and social events
- Travel companionship
- Sitter or nanny services
- Expectant and new mother support
Companion Care for Seniors:
At BrightStar Care of Metro San Antonio, our senior companion care services focus on improving the health and well-being of your aging loved ones so they can get the most out of life. We strive to get to know our clients’ unique histories and personalities so we can plan activities that will be both stimulating and enjoyable.
We can provide any level of companionship you desire to achieve a quality of life you need. Our companion care services include:
- Assist with writing letters and correspondence
- Help connect with loved ones through email and social media
- Engage in stimulating activities such as crafts, games, and reading
- Create customized grocery lists in accordance with dietary needs and preferences
- Facilitate visits with friends and neighbors
- Plan outings and trips
- Daily schedule assistance
- Respite and family relief
Hospital Companions for Children:
When your child is hospitalized, whatever the reason, it is stressful for the whole family. Our reliable, compassionate care professionals can provide in-hospital, around-the-clock child care assistance and respite for family caregivers, parents, and family members. Whether our care professionals are with your child for an hour or 24, we can provide much-needed family support and care for you and your loved ones.
Thorough Companion Care Assessments:
Each BrightStar Care of Metro San Antonio client receives a personalized, in-depth assessment conducted by our RN Director of Nursing to better understand their condition, personality, and environment. This information is used to create an individualized plan of care that meets each client’s unique physical and emotional needs, strives to improve their health, and enhances their quality of life. This process, along with continual oversight by our nursing staff, helps us ensure the right fit between our clients and their caregivers, and enables us to quickly modify a client’s plan of care as their needs evolve.
Individuals living with physical disabilities or special needs have unique care requirements, and in many cases, mobility is limited and some level of home care is required. At BrightStar Care of Metro San Antonio, we provide a personalized approach to care, case management, and disability assistance for our clients.
Quality Home Care:
BrightStar Care care professionals are trained to help those with disabilities and special needs such as Spina Bifida, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Cerebral Palsy and spinal cord injuries, giving them the support they need to live as independently as possible. From disability aids and accessible transportation to personal care, our advanced and specialized expertise in this area ensures our clients’ safety, and empowers you and your family to get the most out of life.
Our disability care services include:
- Pressure Relief: Mobility issues can lead to pressure sores, debecutis ulcers and, in severe cases, the need for wound care. BrightStar Care caregivers are trained to provide pressure relief every 15 minutes for wheelchair-bound patients, and to turn bed-bound patients every two hours to prevent complications caused by prolonged immobility. Our CNAs are also trained in the transfer of patients using Hoyer lifts and slide boards, and use the proper techniques to help patients avoid injuries and falls during transport.
- Care for Special Needs Children: Babies, infants and children living with disabilities or special needs have unique care requirements. BrightStar Care trained professionals specialize in administering in-home pediatric care and can provide comprehensive case management and support for children with special needs.
- Special Event and Respite Care: Whether you need assistance caring for your loved one during a wedding or holiday celebration, BrightStar Care care professionals can provide help on a short-term basis so you and your family can make time for a vacation or receive additional support during a special event.
- Travel Companionship: Travel and transportation can be challenging for individuals with disabilities and special needs. BrightStar Care provides travel companion care to help make travel accessible for people with special needs, enabling them to experience more in life.
- Medical Procedure Transportation: BrightStar Care care professionals are available to help those who need assistance with a scheduled medical procedure or doctor’s appointment. Your compassionate care professional will:
- Pick you up at home and taking you to the hospital or doctor’s office.
- Wait until the procedure is completed and signing you out.
- Safely transport you home.
- If needed, stop at a pharmacy, grocery store, or restaurant if you need prescription, medical supplies, groceries, or food.
- Make sure you are safely settled in your home after your procedure.
- We can stay with you in your home after the procedure and assist with meal preparation, bathing, toileting, laundry, light cleaning, and medication reminders.
- A Registered Nurse (RN) can visit after you are home and change your dressings, perform wound care or infection monitoring.
- An RN patient advocate can help coordinate care, treatment, and communicate between you, your family and healthcare providers. We can attend appointments with you and help you understand options and make the best possible health care decision.
BrightStar Care is ready to help.
In-Home Care to Help Seniors and Adults with Everyday Tasks:
Everyday tasks, like vacuuming or rearranging the basement, can be difficult for a senior with arthritis. Organizing a closet can be extremely tiring for a cancer patient. These simple tasks are never ending and, if they become more challenging during post-op, or due to treatment or age-related conditions, they can take precious time away from an already very busy schedule.
When even the most basic daily tasks become overwhelming, or you just need a helping hand, we can help. BrightStar Care’s home companion services in Metro San Antonio can provide travel companionship, light housework, grocery shopping, meal prep, and much more. We are there for you.
Our Home Support Services:
- Light housekeeping
- Customized grocery lists in accordance with dietary needs and preferences
- Meal preparation and cooking
- Home organization
- Care and feeding of pets
Get Home Support Today!
BrightStar Care professional care staff provide home support services in the Metro San Antonio area.
Alzheimer’s and Dementia Home Care in Metro San Antonio
Alzheimer’s can be overwhelming for a family caregiver, particularly if your loved one is in the more serious stages of this disease. If you are caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia, BrightStar Care of Metro San Antonio can provide compassionate care and support so you can spend more quality time with your loved one.
We customize our range of care services to the specific needs of those living with dementia and their families. Our BrightStar Care Registered Nurse (RN) Director of Nursing evaluates each client, creates a personalized plan of care, oversees our specially trained professional care staff, and regularly reviews care notes with you to make sure we are meeting your expectations.
Our Specialized Dementia Care Approach:
Our mission is to provide your loved one living with early, middle, or late-stage Alzheimer’s or dementia the individualized care and support they need to:
- Live with dignity and purpose safely and securely in their own home
- Enjoy optimal health and emotional well-being
- Maintain connections to the people, places, things, and memories that matter most to them
Our specialized approach means you and your loved one can expect:
- RN Involvement and Supervision with Every Client - Knowledgeable supervision is necessary for safety, and you can take comfort in knowing that a Registered Nurse or Director of Nursing is overseeing every aspect of your loved one’s care. Our experienced team creates an individualized plan of care and provides care oversight to ensure the safety and comfort of your loved one.
- Specially Trained Staff and Guaranteed Compatibility - Our caregivers have a minimum of one-year experience, have undergone extensive background and credentials checks, and are trained in the BrightStar Care dementia approach. Our compatibility guarantee means your loved one will be matched with the right care professional and you’ll be 100% satisfied.
- Knowledgeable, Responsive 24/7 Communication and Support - Our team collaborates closely with clients, family, and other healthcare providers, and our 24/7/30 touchpoints ensure everyone is informed and involved.
- Education and Support for Care Partners - Our family education material features resources from the Alzheimer's Association such as an overview of what to expect as a family caregiver and a guide to health and wellness for loved ones with dementia.
What is Alzheimer’s Disease?
Alzheimer's disease is a neurological disorder that often begins slowly with mild symptoms that gradually advance. Individuals with this illness often suffer from memory loss and the inability to care properly for their own nutritional and personal hygiene needs. Patients with Alzheimer’s are also at a higher risk of falling or accidentally injuring themselves, and an in-home care provider can assist you in keeping your loved one safe.
Symptoms of Alzheimer’s Disease include:
- The inability to remember words, details, directions, people and events
- Difficulty performing simple tasks (such as personal hygiene or grooming)
- Depression or lack of motivation
- Forgetfulness and confusion
- Poor decision making or judgment
BrightStar Care Metro San Antonio is proud to provide person-centered Alzheimer’s and dementia care to help individuals in our community live with dignity in the comfort of home. Our professional, specially trained care staff is ready to help you and your loved one.
Based on your needs and specifications, we will match your family with a compassionate babysitter or nanny that you and your family will not only be comfortable with, but also impressed with. From your first phone call, our unique process takes into account, among other things, personality, needs, and expectations to match your family with the best possible fit.
You will always have a fully screened, certified and/or licensed babysitter or nanny who will work with you and your family to incorporate engaging activities into your children’s routine based on your individual preferences. Each of our employees is held to the highest standards of safety and quality in serving your family.
Our Sitter Services:
- Care and support with multiples (twins, triplets, quadruplets and beyond)
- Newborn care
- Sick and well baby care
- Assistance with schoolwork and projects
- Engaging in arts and crafts
- Meal preparation
- Assistance with reading
- Facilitate safe cooking and baking activities
- Plan visits, outings and trips
- Transportation to and from activities
- Games and sports
- And more
BrightStar offers several levels of care and costs are determined based on each client’s needs. Call to have an intake coordinator assess your situation. We will then be more than happy to provide you a quote on the price of services.
We are happy to work with your insurance company to make that determination. We will also assist you by billing the insurance company directly.
At BrightStar Care of Metro San Antonio, our fully screened and certified care professionals are available to assist with daily activities that require a little more hands-on, personal support like personal hygiene, feeding, and ambulation. Our compassionate and knowledgeable team is committed to delivering on our promise of A Higher Standard of Care.
Personal care services offered at BrightStar include:
- Personal safety home evaluation
- Outpatient pre- and post-op care
- Oral and personal hygiene
- Dressing and grooming
- Expertise with Alzheimer’s care memory loss, confusion
- Reporting conditions and changes to supervisory RN and/or physician
Depending on the nature and the scope of the disease, individuals with neurological disorders can have a wide range of needs. Those living with an advanced-stage illness may require around-the-clock palliative care and highly specialized support, while others may need only basic assistance or personal care on a part-time basis.
BrightStar Care of Metro San Antonio specializes in caring for individuals living with neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s care, dementia, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s, and Multiple Sclerosis, and our goal is to help you overcome the physical and emotional challenges you face in meeting your loved one’s unique needs.
Comprehensive Care and Support
We offer a comprehensive system of support, so you and your family can provide the best quality of care for your loved one and make the most of the time you have together.
Caring for a loved one with a neurological disorder can be a challenge, especially as confusion, disorientation, and physical limitations develop. We provide our clients with a care plan tailor-fit to their specific needs and preferences, while also encouraging and preserving health, dignity, and happiness.
Our neurological disorder care approach focuses on:
- Safe Environment: We help our clients maintain a safe environment, identifying hidden hazards in the home and making recommendations for enhanced safety measures, such as installing stability bars in the bathroom.
- Brain Stimulating Activities: Our specially trained care professionals engage clients in intellectually stimulating activities, such as reading books, playing cards, and doing puzzles. We also take the time to listen and learn about the things our clients enjoy, and create custom activities that will be familiar for them.
- Daily Routines: Routines are an important part of the care plan for anyone living with cognitive impairments. They can be helpful in prompting recall and memory and in managing the unpredictability of the disease. BrightStar Care care professionals also manage client appointments and schedule activities to help them learn and maintain a routine.
- Optimize Abilities: One of the best treatments for individuals with neurological disorders is the ability to enjoy the simple pleasures in life, such as going for a walk in the park or riding in the car to get ice cream. These activities can help optimize abilities and independence, boost mood, and enhance quality of life.
Benefits of in-home neurological care include:
- Freedom to remain in a familiar environment
- Ability to enjoy all the comforts of home
- Personalized one-on-one care
- Peace of mind
- Reduced risk of re-hospitalizations
Neurological disorders are often characterized by a decrease in cognitive abilities, and our care services in Metro San Antonio are specifically designed to accommodate every stage. From the immobility of Parkinson’s and ALS to the memory loss and disorientation of Alzheimer’s and dementia, quality of life and safety are always top of mind.
Our qualified and compassionate home care professionals in Metro San Antonio support:
- Activities to stimulate cognitive skills, memory, and physical activity
- Daily routines to promote a soothing environment and prompt recall
- Proper nutrition and hydration
- Personal care for cleanliness, hygiene, and health
At BrightStar Care of Metro San Antonio, we offer a full range of child home health care, and our skilled pediatric and neonatal nurses make it possible for your children to receive the complex care they need, wherever they need it.
Our dedication to providing A Higher Standard of Care to families with special needs children is what truly sets us apart.
Pediatric Nursing Services and Specialties:
From sitter services to highly-skilled nursing care, BrightStar Care of Metro San Antonio takes a versatile approach in developing personalized plans of care to help babies, infants, and children in need of specialized aid. Our pediatric nursing services and specialties include:
- Neonatal nursing and care for premature babies
- Complex intravenous therapy
- Pediatric oncology
- Cardiovascular, chronic, and infectious diseases
- Genetic, congenital, and neurological disorders
BrightStar Care offers a wide range of in-home child care options for your family. Caring for your littlest loved ones is a privilege, and we promise to earn your trust by providing compassionate, professional care that meets the highest quality standards.
Our caregivers are fully-screened, certified, licensed, and trained to help with anything from respite sitter services and flexible sick-day child care to 24-hour special needs care and pediatric nursing.
Specialized support like in-hospital companionship can ease the stress of a hospital stay for family members, and our Employee Assistance Program offers sitter-services and benefits for organizations. See how BrightStar Care of Metro San Antonio can help you and your family live life to the fullest. Contact us today.
Caring for seniors and our elders requires long-term care planning. But many family members become caregivers overnight without being ready for it. A loved one falls down or an illness triggers a change in responsibility. After a certain period of time, family caregivers may realize they need help and begin searching for other solutions for senior care, which may include home care. Senior care options like adult day centers, retirement facilities, and nursing homes may not always be right and can be expensive. Home health care usually means a combination of non-medical and skilled medical or in-home nursing care services that enable seniors and others to live independently in their homes as long as possible. BrightStar Care can provide this valuable ongoing home care support.
Benefits of Senior Home Care:
- Home is always associated with comfort, security and positive feeling. For seniors and for all of us, when we are not feeling well, we all want to be at home.
- Home care keeps families together while providing support.
- Senior home care can often be customized and personalized to a greater degree to suit both the needs of the senior and family.
- Home is where there is maximum freedom, security and comfort for the individual. Many times hospitals and nursing homes are more regulated. Home care offers much more flexibility.
- Provides seniors much needed dignity and independence. • Seniors can continue to function independently with some assistance.
- Home care may be more cost efficient compared to other forms of health care. The patient does not have to pay for board/room expenses, food, etc.
- Moreover with advancement in technology many services that are available in the hospital can be provided at home.
6 Reasons to Consider In-Home Care:
- Safety. If your loved one should fall, have a seizure or experience another health-related emergency, an agency worker can contact emergency services, tend to your loved one, or even provide life saving service before help arrives.
- Personal Care. In-home care providers can take care of bathing, nail trimming, dressing, and toileting. In-home care providers are trained to provide professional service for demands ranging from simple to delicate tasks.
- Medication Supervision. Workers will ensure your loved one is taking their medications on schedule, and can ensure they are refilled, stored properly, and can monitor for adverse effects.
- Companionship. Having someone you trust to spend time with is vital for happiness, and with a capable and kind provider, your loved one will receive consistent companionship with loving care.
- Meal Preparation. An in-home caregiver can ensure your loved one receives balanced, nutritious meals every day. Plus, they can keep your loved one company while they eat. They are also prepared to meet any dietary restrictions.
- Errand Running. An in-home caregiver can run errands for your loved one, or even bring them along. Grocery shopping can be an enjoyable outing for many seniors if they have a companion.
Led by a Registered Nurse, our compassionate care professionals provide in-home support for children with disabilities such as spina bifida or cerebral palsy, as well as children with intellectual or developmental delays. These services may include assistance with feeding, transferring and repositioning, bathing or other daily needs.
Our goal as care professionals is to ensure that children with disabilities and special needs are receiving the care they need and the support they deserve. Experienced care professionals are ready to assist with:
- Bath visits
- Oral and personal hygiene
- Reporting conditions and changes to supervisory RN and/or physician
BrightStar Care can also provide pediatric nursing care for more advanced medical needs, as well as administer a wide range of therapies such as speech, physical and autism therapy.
|Monday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
Transitional care refers to the care provided following hospitalization or a stay in a rehabilitation center. Leaving the hospital or a skilled nursing facility to go home could lead to critical health and social problems for individuals, but in many cases this can be prevented. Professionally delivered care can help reduce undesirable outcomes like re-hospitalization, medication errors, falls, and it may even reduce long-term healthcare costs by helping to prevent the worsening of health conditions. BrightStar Care offers the services and expertise to help you make a safe and healthy recovery at home and lower the likelihood of a return trip to the hospital.
- COPD: We'll coach proper inhaler use, improve wellness, and reduce COPD-related hospital trips.
- Diabetes: Diabetes care includes foot inspections, blood glucose level checks, and family education.
- Heart Attack/AMI: Support and education to develop new lifestyle habits that promote heart health.
- Heart Failure: We'll help manage aspects of heart failure like medication adherence, diet, and exercise.
- Pneumonia: RN-led medication management, oxygen therapy, and personal care for a healthy recovery.
- Post Operative: Just the right assistance for a healthy surgery recovery in the comfort of home.