Autism Speaks is dedicated to promoting solutions, across the spectrum and throughout the life span, for the needs of individuals with autism and their families. We do this through advocacy and support, increasing understanding and acceptance of people with autism, and advancing research into causes and better interventions for autism spectrum disorder and related conditions.
Through partnerships and collaboration, we are committed to:
- Increasing global understanding and acceptance of people with autism
- Being a catalyst for life-enhancing research breakthroughs
- Increasing early childhood screening and timely interventions
- Improving the transition to adulthood
- Ensuring access to reliable information and services throughout the life span
Other ways to reach ART
You can call our toll-free number - we’re available Monday through Friday in all time zones:
1-888-AUTISM2 (1-888-288-4762). If we are unable to answer your call, please leave a voicemail and someone from our team will call you back ASAP.
Live chat is available Monday through Friday and can be accessed on our website.
We also have a dedicated Spanish language toll-free number and email below:
En Español: 1-888-772-9050
Autism Response Team (ART) members are specially trained to connect families with information, resources, and opportunities. They are available to answer calls and emails. Your call or email will be routed to a team member for your region.
We are not a direct medical, legal advice, or service provider, so we don't make appointments or direct referrals. However, our team will provide you with support, encouragement, and assistance with locating autism service providers in your community.
The Autism Response Team can help you learn more about:
- Where to get a diagnosis
- Schools and special education
- Advocacy and support
- Adult services - including post-secondary programs and employment
- Inclusion and community activities
- And much more!