The DoSeum Is Much More Than A Children’s Museum.
It’s a place where interactive fun and hands-on learning come together-a place where minds are always at play. The DoSeum offers exhibits, programs, camps, classes, and field trips designed for all learners, encouraging young minds to explore the joy of learning through connections to STEM, the arts, and literacy. Originally founded as San Antonio Children's Museum, The DoSeum has grown over the past 25 years to become a premier leader in informal education, while still staying true to the mission of connecting families and transforming communities.
As a 501(c)(3), The DoSeum is committed to accessible and free programming to low-income San Antonio-area children, with a goal of serving 10,000 kids from Title I schools annually. At 68,000 square feet of interactive exhibit space, The DoSeum’s wow-worthy facility, opened in 2015, inspires each Guest to cultivate their curiosity, ignite learning, and discover the power of play.
Your child's curiosity knows no bounds and there are no limits to what they can do. The DoSeum Beyond Limits is our revitalized program created to meet the needs of all of San Antonio's children, no matter how big or how small those needs may be. At The DoSeum Beyond Limits, we create a peaceful environment of inclusivity that supports children of all needs-providing a spectrum of possibilities as diverse and vibrant as the children we serve.
- Smaller, controlled crowds to create a calm, uncrowded environment ideal for families in need of accommodations for high sensitivity to sensory stimuli, limited mobility, and generally in need of a calmer, quieter space.
- Accommodating accessories of your choice to make your experience suit your needs. Sunglasses, headphones, and earplugs are all available at the front desk, free of charge.
- Assistive signage to help guide your family towards learning environments that best suit your needs-marking high sensory, low sensory, calming, and tactile areas.
- Exhibit modifications to create calmer environments for families with high-sensitivities to stimuli, including decreased noise, soothing light changes, and more.
- Specialized staff to support your family's learning and play needs; staff are specially trained through consultation with community partners by Any Baby Can and the Region 20 Special Education Department.
For more information, click here.
Create, make, and learn together! In our Family Workshops, families work together to explore STEM and art concepts through a unique family experience. Soder a family stained glass, dissect underwater creatures or create a family board game to play on game nights. Don't miss these monthly one-of-a-kind family workshops, each workshop includes all necessary supplies and materials.
For the latest information on Family Workshops and pricing, click here.
Free Family Night Will Take Place The First TUESDAY Of The Month.
RSVP Required - including Members
Limited event capacity for the safety of Guests and Staff.
A link for ticket reservations will be posted on this page at 8:00 AM the morning of Free Family Night. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Tips for making your visit as enjoyable as possible:
- Check-in will start 15 min prior to Free Family Night to the doors opening.
- Please have your Free Family Night tickets ready for check-in. Digital tickets are preferred.
- Everyone must be present and complete the check-in process to receive a wristband.
- Wristbands guarantee entrance for Free family Night.
- Parking is limited; please plan accordingly.
- No outside food allowed inside The DoSeum.
- Please limit stroller use or use umbrella strollers inside the museum.
- Review our reopening policy changes prior to visiting.
In response to COVID-19, we've made some changes to The Little DOers Preschool. To see these changes please see our Health and Safety updates here.
The Little DOers Preschool is set in a play-based learning environment and provides hands-on experiences with STEM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math), literacy, and the arts. Daily exploration within our stimulating exhibits will support your child's social, cognitive, and physical development to ensure their minds are always growing.
For class options and registration information, click here.
- The registration and supply fees guarantee your class position and are, therefore, non-refundable if you withdraw.
- Children must be 3 or 4 years old.
- All children must be potty trained.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Information is subject to change.
Volunteer With Us!
Do you love working with children and families? Want to make a difference in our community, engage in joyful learning and find your inner child? If so, then play it forward at The DoSeum!
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Create rewarding opportunities to help children to learn through play
- Share your unique talents and develop new skills
- Explore career options in the museum industry and expand your personal and professional network
- Earn academic credit and/or community service hours
- Receive a 15% discount at The DoSeum Store
- Receive a 10% discount at The DoSeum Café
Typical Volunteer Shifts Include:
- Gallery Attendant
- Exhibit Maintenance
- Education Programs (ie. Camps, Family Workshops, Wee Doers)
- Materials Preparation
- Special Events (ie. Free Family Night, Tinkerfest, etc.)
We offer several different ways to volunteer with us:
- Short-Term (Commit to at least 10 hours of service, typically month-long or semester)
- Long- Term (Commit to at least 30 hours of service, typically six months to a year or more)
Learn And Play Alongside Your Child!
Designed for children 18 - 36 months, we will explore the concepts of STEM, tinkering, and creative problem solving through a lens of joyful learning. Help your little ones build their self-expression, self-esteem, and self-awareness through thoughtful challenges and imaginative play. In addition to our well-loved favorites, we’ll be adding exciting, new activities to each of our programs.
For the latest information, click here.