by RAICES - Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services
RAICES established the LEAF fund to ensure that children coming to this country can receive quality legal representation both in detention centers and once they are released. In 2018, our specially-trained team provided ongoing legal counsel to 400 children, and more than 4,500 children received training to help them understand their rights here in the United States.
The LEAF fund is a major source of support for the many RAICES programs benefiting unaccompanied children. Our children’s programs include:
- “Know Your Rights” presentations and legal screenings for thousands of children
- An advocate for children who have had their rights violated
- Legal representation for children both in detention and post-release
- Post-detention care, including ongoing access to counsel for children in their immigration cases
- Assistance with other fees associated with immigration documentation, forms, and applications
Call 210-222-0964 to make an appointment.