by San Antonio Behavioral Healthcare Hospital
If not properly treated, substance abuse will result in serious health, relationship, employment, scholastic and legal ramifications. At San Antonio Behavioral Healthcare Hospital, we believe in wellness and leading a recovered life. We also understand that the road to recovery and sobriety is a long one and that abstaining from the alcohol or drug use is just one part of what needs to change in the person. By engaging in our comprehensive addiction treatment program, adolescents and adults who are struggling with substance abuse and addiction can develop the skills needed to not only break the cycle of addiction, but to address the entirety of their life and engage in what must change to maintain life-long happiness and sobriety.
An integrated Treatment Team approach provides a structured framework in which the patient's progress is measured and monitored. The treatment team is comprised of psychiatrists, internist, individual and family therapists, licensed addiction counselors, psychiatric nurses, dietitian, recreational therapists and multidisciplinary specialists in substance abuse and addiction.
Scope of Substance Abuse Treatment Services Include:
- Assessment/Detoxification, a medical and psychological period which frees each patient from alcohol and drugs.
- Individualized treatment planning occurs utilizing laboratory testing, psychological and psychiatric evaluations, and other clinical evaluations. Intensive inpatient program of individual and group therapy and therapeutic community interaction.
- Family therapy programs which provide family members with a greater understanding of their role in the recovery process.
- Living skills such as non-chemical coping, relaxation techniques, problem solving, assertiveness training, nutrition, and maintaining personal health and fitness.
- Orientation of the patient and their families to self-help groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous, Al-Alon, Cocaine Anonymous and other supportive resources.
- Assistance with the transition back to the community and after care treatment is included at no extra charge. Referrals are made to self-help groups, private practitioners, sober living facilities and other outpatient community based resources.
Daily mental health services include:
- Medication Management
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Therapeutic Recreation Activities Program
We accept most commercial insurances: Tricare, Commercial Insurance, Medicare and Medicaid.