ALAS, SAY Sí’s theatre program, provides students interested in the performing arts with opportunities to develop their skills in acting, directing, playwriting, technical theatre and stage management. Committed to the creation of new and original performance work by, for, and about San Antonio youth, ALAS challenges students to draw from their own experiences, observations, and insights to produce theatre of relevance to their lives and their communities.
ALAS operates as a collaborative ensemble known as the ALAS Youth Theatre Company. In the company, every student’s talent is valued and essential. Students have ownership over their theatrical work, and a voice in the artistic, technical, and creative decisions involved in every aspect of the production process.
Emphasizing leadership skills and civic engagement, ALAS aims to empower youth to create work that addresses community needs and concerns, challenges prejudices and social injustice, and celebrates diversity and difference.
This program is for students in grades 6-11.
- Parental/guardian permission
- Reliable transportation to and from SAY Sí
- A minimum C average in school
- Commitment to attending the program weekly
- Commitment to attending the program year-round
- Commitment to completing all SAY Sí projects in a timely manner while acting as a positive influence in the studios
- Current enrollment in middle school or high school (public, private, or home school)
How to Apply:
- Read ALL SAY Sí Student Requirements above
- Read SAY Sí Program Descriptions. High school applicants will choose one program to potentially join. Middle School WAM Applicants can indicate their top two choices, but acceptance into those options will be based on availability.
- Visit our application page and fill out the SAY Sí Application Form. All applications must be submitted digitally.
- SAY Sí staff will review all applicants and contact eligible candidates to schedule an in-person interview.
- Students will be notified of the decision via email and letter after interviews have been completed and all applicants have been reviewed.
- After your interview, acceptance or deferral letters will be sent by mail.
- All accepted students and parents will be contacted to attend a MANDATORY new student/parent orientation in order to officially join SAY Sí.
- Click here to apply