by American GI Forum - National Veterans Outreach Program (NVOP)
SSVF, funded through the Department of Veteran Affairs, is a program designed to assist very low-income veteran families in obtaining permanent housing. NVOP operates SSVF programs in both San Antonio and El Paso.
Under the program, participants receive client-centered case management, individualized housing stability counseling, assistance with obtaining public benefits, referrals to community agencies, and other support services as needed.
Eligible clients include:
- Veteran families currently homeless staying in their cars, parks, abandoned buildings, airports, camping grounds, etc.
- Currently living in their home but at risk of eviction
- Veteran families currently homeless staying in a shelter, transitional housing, hotel, or motel.
- Veteran families who are currently homeless, but scheduled to move into permanent housing within 90 days
- Referrals to Case Management