Head Start is a national program that promotes school readiness by enhancing the social and cognitive development of children by providing educational, health, nutritional, social, and other services to enrolled children and families.
-Please Use Primary Contact Information Below.
- The child must be 3 or 4 years old on or before September 1.
- The family must live in Atascosa County.
Families must meet at least one of these additional conditions to be eligible:
- The family is receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
- The family’s gross income falls below the federal poverty guidelines.
- A family member living with and being supported by you is receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- The child is in foster care.
- The family is homeless.