Being a foster parent is an opportunity to make a profound difference in a child’s life. BCFS Health and Human Services-San Antonio Foster Care will be your partner at every step in the process.
Children served by BCFS Health and Human Services-San Antonio are:
- Children up to 17 years of age
- Individual children or sibling groups
- Under state or federal care
Prospective foster parents must:
- be willing to meet the spiritual and religious needs of children fostered.
- have a viable source of income.
- be at least 25 years old.
- be in a marriage of at least two years.
- complete the screening process and pre-verification training requirements.
- demonstrate a nurturing parenting style.
- have adequate bedroom space.
- be willing to work with BCFS-San Antonio staff to implement a plan of care.
- maintain daily documentation in compliance with government and agency standards.
If you’ve ever thought about becoming a foster parent, now is the time to act. We will guide you through the process and provide the training and support you need!
Click here for more information.