Benefits of Walking
Regular physical activity helps everybody feel better and improves overall health. Walking is an excellent form of physical activity and the leading choice of exercise for Americans. Additionally, walking is free and reduces energy use, traffic congestion, and pollution.
Through consistent walking, you will…
- Get and stay healthier
- Feel better about yourself
- Have less chance for heart disease, diabetes, and some cancers
- Have less chance of being depressed
- Control your weight
- Have stronger muscles and bones
- Sleep better at night
- Increase your chances of living longer
- Look better
- Be with friends and meet new people
- Enjoy yourself and have fun
Click here to learn more about different walking techniques and the proper walking attire.