Financial literacy is a foundational piece to building a sustainable future.
As part of our mentoring program, we offer a financial literacy program that consists of the following:
1) Faith and Finance Curriculum: Participants enrolled in Financial Literacy are provided with the knowledge and tools to make sound financial decisions. The Faith and Finance curriculum is used and the following topics are discussed in 6 weeks.
- How does money affect our relationships?
- How do values and attitudes shape money habits?
- How to overcome financial obstacles?
- How to set savings goals?
- How to create a basic budget?
- How to save money by living simply?
- How to include joyful giving in your budget?
- How to avoid debt and know your credit score?
- When to borrow money in healthy ways?
- How to open and use a bank account?
- How to prepare for emergencies?
- How to stick to new money habits?
2) Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University: This nine-week Dave Ramsey Financial Literacy program is offered to participants for more in-depth information about aspects of financial stability. The topics discussed are emergency funds, paying off debt, three-to-six months of savings, investing, paying off children’s college, paying off a mortgage, and building wealth. These topics are considered David Ramsey’s 7 baby steps to financial freedom.
Classes and programs are offered in English and Spanish to meet the needs of our program participants.
|Monday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Thursday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Friday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM|