Chrysalis exists to equip and empower individuals and their families to overcome the consequences of incarceration.
Chrysalis strives to benefit our community, reducing recidivism and restoring families by providing professional mission-specific services.
A federal mandate specifies that incarcerated individuals have access to religious services. Staff chaplains, as well as volunteers from many faith communities and the professional community provide worship services in 9 local detention and treatment facilities, as well as pastoral care as needed.
The Dual Generation program is focused on helping parents go to college or job training and making sure their children receive an appropriate developmental level of education. We can provide childcare for the parents to attend school/training and assist with job placement after completion (or during if needed).
Tuition assistance available for job training programs:
- GED/High School Diploma
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Commercial Driver License (CDL)
- Administrative Assistant
- Bookkeeping / QuickBooks
- Medical Front Office
- Child Development Associate (CDA)
- Information Technology
- Electrical Trade Skills Training
Monthly support and access to:
- Financial Empowerment Sessions
- Job & Career Exploration
- Parenting Classes
- Quality Childcare
- Resume Building
- Supportive Services
- Transportation Assistance
To qualify, a family must:
- have at least 1 child aged 0-10; and
- live in one of these zip codes: 78202, 78203, 78205, 78207, 78208, 78210, 78215, 78218, 78219, 78220, 78222, 78227, 78237.
|Monday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM|
|Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM|
|Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM|
|Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM|
|Friday: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM|
The FRC service family members of the incarcerated and individuals formerly incarcerated with:
- Assistance with basic needs (food, clothing, transportation, ID cards, etc.
- Employment assistance through job readiness, and job referrals.
- Regular support group meetings.
- Substance recovery classes.
- Chaplaincy services.
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Mental health counseling.
- Public utilities assistance (when funding is available).
- Parenting classes.
- Anger management classes.
- Art therapy for victims of domestic violence.
- Proof of incarceration
- Utility Assistance - Electric
- Utility Assistance - Water
- ID Recovery
Chrysalis Ministries offers in house life skill classes for all clients. We also partner with multiple non-profits to help further client's education.
- Job Readiness and Career Development with 2 annual job fairs (No fee required)
- Money Management
- 12 Step Faith-based Substance Abuse and Recovery (NA & AA)
- Anger Management Class ($55 fee)
- Theft Addiction and Recovery
- Healthy Relationships
- Seeking Safety: PTSD and Substance Abuse Pastoral Counseling (No fee)
- Parenting Classes (No fee)
- Moral Recognition Therapy (No fee)
Click here for program times & dates.
Chrysalis Ministries offers free mental health counseling and chaplaincy services for all clients. These services are available in order to help those attempting recovery, on-going recovery, along with former inmates attempting to merge back into society.
Counseling sessions vary client to client.
Call 210-299-4540 to schedule an appointment.
Reentry classes, character development, substance recovery, and anger management classes are provided in most facilities served.
Chrysalis Ministries offers various volunteer opportunities, such as:
- Clerical Aide/File Clerk – Chrysalis Ministries
- Spiritual Guidance Volunteers – Laurel Ridge Treatment Center*
- Catholic Spiritual Guidance Volunteers – Bexar County Adult Detention Center*
- Male Volunteers-Bexar County Juvenile Probation*
- Spanish Speaking Spiritual Guidance Volunteers – GEO Karnes City*
- Subject to availability and eligibility. These positions are not court-ordered community service positions.
If you are interested in volunteering with Chrysalis Ministries, click here to download and complete the attached application. Email the completed application and your resume to Norma Cervantes.
If you would like to donate to Chrysalis Ministries, click here.