San Antonio Christian Dental Clinic wants to help you enjoy a healthy life by providing dental care to qualified people. Please review our patient criteria, collect the required documents, and make an appointment at the clinic to complete your screening during regular office hours.
Appointments are required to receive services. Our availability for emergencies is limited. In emergencies, it is best to phone before you come in. We cannot assure you that you will be seen if you arrive without notice.
Eligibility screenings are done when you first come in as a new patient and annually. For annual renewals, only proof of total household income is required.
- Applicants must be residents of Bexar County at least 18 years old.
- Applicants must have a household income at or less than federal poverty guidelines.
- Applicants must present proof of eligibility for each requirement.
Required Documentation - Residence and Age (please bring two):
- Preferred: Current Driver’s License or Picture ID Card
- Birth Certificate
- Preferred: CPS or SAWS statement - prior month
- Mortgage, Rental, or Lease Agreement
- Property Tax Statement
- HUD or Section 8 Housing Letter - vouchers are acceptable
- Proof of Dental Insurance - if any
- Household Number and Household Income:
- Preferred: Latest Tax Return
- Last four check stubs for wages for each household member (or bank statement showing direct deposit)
- W-2 Forms
- SNAP Authorization Letter
- Additional: please provide all that apply to your situation
- Disability Income Statement
- Pension Statement
- Proof of Child Support or Alimony
- SSI Income Statement or bank statement showing direct deposit
- Unemployment Compensation Statement
Patients do pay for lab appliances (partials, dentures, crowns) at cost. All other visits are provided at no cost to the patient.
Our 25-week Registered Dental Assistant Training Program provides students with free books, uniforms, supplies, immunizations, bus passes (if needed), shoe vouchers, and backpacks.
This highly competitive program is also tuition-free for those who are selected.
Other schools provide the same education starting at $16,000 over ten months or longer. Students receive hands-on training and work one-on-one with staff, volunteer dentists/hygienists, and patients.
Students applying must:
- Live in Bexar County
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Provide an ID
- Hold a social security number
Class is held Tuesdays through Thursdays, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, for a selected 23-week period.
The last two weeks in the program require the student to be in class Monday through Friday (all day) to complete the 25 weeks successfully.
San Antonio Christian Dental Clinic exclusively serves low-income and homeless Bexar County adults. As such, our volunteer policy does not permit anyone under the age of 12 to volunteer and those 12-17 must be accompanied by an adult. We recommend a ratio of one adult to six minors. Items indicated with an asterisk are multi-generational volunteer opportunities. All others require volunteer(s) to be at least 18 years of age.
Ways You Can Help:
- Hygiene kits*
- Annual community clinics*
- Dental Assistant Training Program graduation*
- Rotating art show for patient lobby*
- Administrative volunteers
- Clinical volunteers
- Development volunteers
- Service project for those under 12 years old