SCORE San Antonio serves as a resource within the local business community by providing efficient and effective delivery of pro bono, high quality technical and managerial mentoring and guidance to prospective and existing small businesses and non-profit organizations in the greater San Antonio, Texas area.
- Volunteer MENTORS who share their expertise across many industries
- Free, confidential business mentoring in person, via email or by video
- Free business TOOLS, templates, and tips here online
- Inexpensive or free business WORKSHOPS (locally) and webinars (online 24/7)
Click here to learn more.
SCORE works hard to ensure that all small business owners have up-to-date information and resources to keep their doors open during and after catastrophes like the COVID-19 pandemic.
- SCORE mentors can always participate in remote mentoring sessions via phone, email, and video. Click here to find a mentor.
- Our Resilience Training provides educational materials and online workshops so your small business can adapt and grow successfully through any disaster. Click here to get training.
- Our resource portal can help you find the specific information, resources, and financial support available to small businesses. Click here to find resources.
National Small Business Week Virtual Summit.
Building a Better America Through Entrepreneurship.
Watch recordings of our free, four-day virtual summit, featuring access to critical federal resources, educational workshops, and networking to help our nation’s entrepreneurs pivot and grow in the face of any challenge.
Click here to watch the virtual webinars.
The SCORE Business Learning Center (SBLC) provides aspiring and existing small business owners with in-depth online learning paths of specific business topics, such as online marketing, startup basics, and more.
At the end of a learning path, users will feel they better understand their chosen topic and the resources available for continuous learning. They will also have a mentor they can work with to apply the knowledge to their business.
Click here to access the Learning Center and all of its resources.
Get free expert help from SCORE San Antonio to start and grow your small business.
As highly successful and experienced business professionals and entrepreneurs, SCORE San Antonio mentors deliver valuable, timely, and practical advice to you at no cost.
Business advice is provided using Zoom, phone, email, and in-person mentoring.
We also offer educational resources, workshops, and business events to provide practical, helpful, and up-to-date information to help you manage your business.
Diverse backgrounds, different voices, and unique needs may call for specialized resources or a personalized approach to mentoring. Learn more about...
- SCORE for Black entrepreneurs here.
- SCORE for Hispanic entrepreneurs here.
- SCORE for women entrepreneurs here.
- SCORE for veteran entrepreneurs here.
Click here to browse mentor profiles.
Click here to request a mentor, and we will pair you with the right mentor to help your small business thrive.
Free except certain seminars and events.
The Startup Roadmap: Your Guide to Successfully Starting a Business.
The Startup Roadmap, sponsored by FedEx, outlines each business step with information and resources on the most challenging tasks. It also contains tips for working "With Your Mentor" on each topic.
Click here to start your journey.
Each chapter of the Startup Roadmap contains:
- Steps to Success: A series of steps you complete to move on to the next chapter. Each stage contains concrete, actionable tasks to complete and information to help you. Some measures include recommended homework; your mentor may recommend additional work.
- With Your Mentor: This section suggests topics you can discuss with your mentor. This might include questions you can ask or recommendations on what types of mentors might be best to help you with the current topic.
- Resources: Information and resources, including tools, templates, and online workshops, to help you learn more or complete the steps in that chapter.
Work on the Startup Roadmap with a SCORE mentor to reach your destination faster.
Like an experienced tour guide, your SCORE mentor can point out things you might otherwise miss, offer insider suggestions and shortcuts, and help you make the most of your journey.
If you dream of business ownership and want clear directions to reach your destination successfully, start the SCORE Startup Roadmap today. And if you work with a SCORE mentor, you don’t have to travel alone.
Small business owners in our community need your help now more than ever.
Every year, SCORE volunteers help hundreds of local entrepreneurs start small businesses and achieve new levels of success. Volunteering at SCORE San Antonio is a way for you to give back, network with business experts, and share your knowledge.
SCORE is proud to have the nation’s largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors. Join our team of 10,000+ volunteers, and share your talents and expertise with the small business community. You can help in four different volunteer roles:
- Mentor: offer confidential business mentoring services, either in person or online
- Subject matter expert: provide focused knowledge based on your professional skills or industry
- Workshop presenter: lead local workshops, seminars and events to help entrepreneurs meet their goals and achieve success
- Chapter support role: share your skills in marketing, tech, finance, fundraising and more to help expand the outreach of SCORE
At SCORE, we celebrate our mission through values such as Volunteers Matter and Lifelong Learning. All new members are trained to fulfill their roles effectively and are expected to reaffirm their commitment to SCORE's mentoring methodology and code of ethics annually.