BaSiC Prep Leadership Academy’s mission is to provide an educational program that enables individuals to complete the requirements for a high school diploma by way of an intensive, individualized, virtual learning experience.
BaSiC Prep Leadership Academy commits to cultivate and improve educational opportunities, career development, and life skills for the betterment of our community.
Our cornerstone goals are to:
- Decrease the number of individuals who have dropped out of school in the state of Indiana by 4%
- Graduate 90% of its students
- Prepare its students for careers, college, technical and trade schools, or the workforce
- Individualize Service Plans (ISP) for all students
- Foster a virtual learning environment in which students can learn anywhere, anytime
- Positively impact the community at large through educational and academic programs and services
BaSiC Prep Leadership Academy uses innovative solutions and relevant technology, mentoring, encouragement, empowerment, and shared experiences to prepare students for an ever-changing society, via career options and opportunities for personal and professional success.
One of the most important requirements for college admission is the SAT or the ACT. Studies have found that college prep writing strategies and skills for ACT essays and college applications historically raise scores.
Basic Prep Academy provides:
- Virtually accessible preparation.
- ACT, Math Science, and Reading assessments that are built into the test programs.
- Instructors work in conjunction with preparation material, provide ongoing support and feedback.
- Ongoing strategies and intervention in preparing students for both SAT and ACT tests.
Basic Prep Academy:
- Individualizes delivery of Test preparation with several test packages, including teacher one on one instruction and small group instruction.
- Individualizes all services to meet the learner's needs.
- Interventions are based on strength and weakness, heavily integrated into Prep course responses and our services.
Click here to get started.
Career assessments are essential in identifying where students are. BPLA and its staff implement assessments and mentoring to help facilitate this critical component in education.
Our on-line tool includes ACT’s WorkKeys, used in 32 states to assess employability skills or applied academics related to career readiness; and various types of industry-based certification or licensing exams.BaSiC Prep Academy’s staff is highly trained in areas that support school districts in making critical decisions about core courses, competencies, and college readiness for students as well as student-athletes.
Our staff will provide the following support and/or services to students:
- Assist in the student application process
- Review and evaluate transcripts
- Core course worksheet
- Clearinghouse/eligibility information (PSAT, PACT, SAT, ACT, requirements, workshops and testing dates)
- Assist in preparation of FAFSA Application
- Waiver Submission (Special Education)
Our expert staff provides training, educational support materials, and ongoing support to campuses and school districts in diversity in education. Diversity is understood to include the enhancement of instructional practices and disciplinary actions toward the increased well-being of each student of ISD despite said students’ ethnic background, cultural experiences, or socioeconomic status.
- Student Culture-Development from Vision to Systems Maintaining, Evaluating, Fixing Culture
- Staff Culture
- The Five strategies for a thriving Staff Culture
Managing School Leadership Teams
- Choosing your leadership
- Training your team
- Evaluations, Leader support, and student success
Observation and Feedback Workshop
- Traditional Model vs. Current 21st century Model
- Observations and Feedback
- Identifying critical action steps/effective feedback
- Strategies for Struggling Teachers
- Accountability/Tools for Administrators
- Conclusion: Coaching
SDAIE (Specially Designed Academic Instruction in English for Language Minority Students)
- Develop effective learning strategies for all
- Recognize, understand, and value cultural differences
- Expand content knowledge/Demand equal levels of excellence for all
- Provide techniques/ and skills that can be used in the classroom
PBIS and Restorative Justice techniques used in the classroom
BaSiC Prep Leadership Academy is committed to working with students from disparate educational circumstances.
BaSiC Prep Leadership Academy is a comprehensive Virtual school equipped to deliver all subject matter courses standard to the core curriculums throughout the country.
Our flexible program can help you achieve your goals, whether you need a single credit and return to your school or want to complete your educational program with BaSiC Prep Leadership Academy with courseware customized to meet your needs.
The content management system is a standards-based online learning program. We also employ innovative technology such as Google Microsoft Office 365 to achieve educational goals and continue a life of learning.
Click here for more information or to apply.
BaSiC Prep Leadership Academy provides virtual one-on-one Math, Reading, and Writing tutoring. We also offer homework help and summer school.