OCD TEXAS is an official affiliate of the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) and a nonprofit support and advocacy organization for people with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and related disorders.
We are dedicated to bringing together OCD sufferers, their families and friends, researchers, and treating professionals across Texas, in order to:
- educate the public and professionals about OCD and related disorders in order to raise awareness and improve the quality of treatment provided;
- improve access to resources for those with OCD and their families so that individuals afflicted with OCD and related disorders can better identify, seek, and gain access to appropriate support and affordable treatment;
- support research toward a better understanding of and more effective treatments for OCD and related disorders;
- advocate and lobby for the OCD community.
OCD Texas is thrilled to invite licensed clinicians in Texas to apply for Mary Kathleen Norris Training Scholarship Awards. Ten (10) award recipients will be eligible for the “CBT for Anxiety and OCD” foundations course provided by Anxiety Training.
The mission of OCD Texas includes educating the professional community in order to improve access to exceptional, effective treatment for Texans suffering with OCD and related disorders. Through these scholarships, we aim to increase the number of clinicians equipped with a strong foundational understanding of evidence-based treatment for OCD.
- routinely provide services within underserved communities and
- hold an LCSW, LPC, or LP license will be prioritized.
There are no course prerequisites, and a certificate for 12 CE credits are provided for clinicians with LCSW and LPC licenses.
Psychologists will receive documentation of completion and are encouraged to review Texas code and renewal period if interested in applying any portion of these 12 hours to biannual professional development hours.
Contact office for class fee