Unemployment Benefits is an employer-paid program that provides temporary financial assistance to workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own and meet Texas' eligibility requirements.
To be eligible for this benefit program, you must be a resident of Texas and meet all of the following:
- Be unemployed or working reduced hours though no fault of your own, and
- Worked in Texas during the past 12 months (this period may be longer in some cases), and
- Earned a minimum amount of past wages, as determined by Texas guidelines, and
- Meet the ongoing eligibility requirements, including being able to and available for work and actively seeking work each week you are collecting benefits.
Apply for benefits online:
- Click Here
- Sign up for a TWC Internet User ID.
- Log on with your existing TWC User ID or create a new User ID.
- Select Apply for Benefits.
For assistance, call 1-800-939-6631 and speak with a Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) customer service representative.