Workshops focus on Education, Employment, Personal Living, Health and Safety, and Support
What are Movin' On Workshops?
Unconventional, interactive workshops that encourage youths ages 13 - 19 years of age to "think" and develop skills while having fun. Youth are taught to use the skills that they do not even realize they have to solve real world issues and deal with challenges that they will face after leaving foster care.
YTIA recognizes that youth learn in a variety of ways and that preparing to leave foster care begins when you enter foster care and that is why our Movin' On Workshops are:
- Tailored to meet youths where they are in life
- Divided into three categories based on the youths age and/or ability
- Can be created specifically for the youths needs
- Focus on specific categories of life skills
- Have an emphasis on preventing and /or mitigating legal effects
Workshops are divided into three categories:
- Get Ready - Designed for youth 13 - 15 years of age.
- Transitioning Out - Designed for youth 16 - 18 years of age.
- 18 and Free - Designed for youth 18 and older who want to know what it's really like once you "age out of the system" or who have "aged out of the system" and need help making it on their own.
"We must Pray, Plan, Prepare, and Practice in order to Grow so you can Go!"