The Rapid Re-Housing program reduces the amount of time a family experiences homelessness and rapidly re-houses families into permanent, affordable homes. Financial assistance is provided for up to 3 months along with 12 months of case management.
Rapid Re-Housing Program provides:
- Assistance with deposit, rent, and utilities for up to 3 months
- Case management with emphasis on budgeting and maintaining self-sufficiency for 12 months
Individuals and families are housed in apartments they select. (The apartment must meet HUD habitability standards and be within fair-market rent/rent reasonableness guidelines based upon household size.
The individual or family:
- must be "literally homeless" by HUD definition (living in an emergency shelter, on the street, or in a place not meant for habitation).
- must be referred by the community's Coordinated Entry system. Call (210) 207-1799 to get that started.
- Rental Assistance
- Utility Assistance - Electric
- Utility Assistance - Water
- Help with Deposits