For four decades, Head Start has propelled children from disadvantaged backgrounds toward success and prosperity. The national program raises the bar for all students so that our future leaders will have a strong foundation built on academic achievement and healthy living.
INK also provides individualized teaching, bilingual services, disability services, and healthy meals and snacks, while going beyond the classroom to offer support services such as training for parents and caregivers. All that makes a long-term impact on a family’s quality of life.
Head Start is funded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- The child must be 3 or 4 years old on or before September 1.
Families must meet at least one of these additional conditions to be eligible:
- The family is receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
- The family’s gross income falls below the federal poverty guidelines.
- A family member living with and being supported by you is receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- The child is in foster care.
- The family is homeless.
Call the number below to register, or click here to apply online.