To protect our employees, our participants, and continue services the Housing Authority of Bexar County (HABC) has made the following operational changes:
- Closure of the HABC Lobby
- No in-person meetings
- Residents will hear from their assigned caseworker by appointment using phone or email.
- Property managers are taking extra care with our elderly population checking daily to assure they have sufficient supplies and that any health-related needs are being addressed.
Questions from participants can be directed to their assigned caseworker or anyone can call the main number at 210-225-0071. For updates, phone our hotline (210-231-2043) or visit our website at www.habctx.org/about.us/coronavirus.
• Money Smart Classes: Case management staff, in partnership with financial organizations trained in FDIC curriculum, offer quarterly Money Smart classes at our public housing communities. Topics include: borrowing basics, pay yourself first, banking services, budgeting, repairing your credit and homeownership.
• Back To School Drives: FSS case managers organize back-to-school drives to help residents with costs of school supplies. The funds raised pay for school supplies, uniforms, immunizations and haircuts.
• Health Fairs: Case managers participate in and support community health fairs.
• Employment Fairs: Family Self-sufficiency provides residents information on upcoming job fairs and assists with transportation, resume preparation, interview technique and necessary job skills.
• Summer Youth Employment: HABC provides youth, ages 14 to 24, the opportunity to learn on-the-job training during summer months. Employment may be with HABC or with one of our partners.
• Thanksgiving Baskets
• During the holiday season, case and property management staff identify needy families and supply holiday meals to them.