About 19% of U.S. adults and 31% of adolescents age 13 to 18 experience anxiety each year, according to the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH). Several major types of anxiety disorders can be treated using therapeutic approaches, including:
- Panic disorder is a condition characterized by frequent, sudden panic attacks.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) involves obsessions and compulsions that create distress and interfere with daily life.
- Phobias are irrational fears of a situation or object.
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is marked by constant worry and anxiety about a wide variety of concerns in the absence of a specific threat.
- Social anxiety disorder (SAD) involves an irrational fear of being observed, judged, or embarrassed that causes severe anxiety in social situations.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) involves anxiety symptoms following a traumatic experience.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Family/Marital Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment (ACT)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Mindfulness Based CBT
- Trauma Focused
- Christian Counseling
- BlueCross and BlueShield
- United Healthcare
- Psychiatric Diagnostic Eval: $150
- Individual 30-60 min: $70 - $140
- Family/Couples Therapy: $125
- Group Therapy: $80
- Sliding Scale/Open Path Members: $40 - $80