Dan Markson Park is specially designed to provide playground equipment and other amenities for people with special needs. People of all ages and abilities can enjoy the fun playground, which includes an “Inclusive Whirl”, an “Accelerator Swing”, colorful sensory panels, audio-feedback musical instruments, and much more! There is a large shade canopy over the play area, so kids and adults can enjoy the fun even in the hot summer.
The park also includes an ADA-accessible restroom with an adult changing table, an outdoor amphitheater for small gatherings, as well as a drinking fountain, accessible benches, picnic tables, and more.
The Maverick Creek Greenway is also accessible from Dan Markson Park. Maverick Creek Greenway provides walkable and bikeable access to UTSA (to the north), and the popular Huesta and Leon Creek Greenway trail systems to the south, The trailhead area includes a trail map, bike repair station, trash cans, bike racks, and a mutt-mitt dispenser.
• Inclusive playground features
• Shade canopy
• Outdoor amphitheater (seats approximately 30)
• .75 mile Greenway Trail for Walkers, joggers, bicycles, etc. (not including trail connections to the south)
• Drinking fountain
• Bike Rack and Bike Repair Station
• Picnic Table and Benches
• ADA-Accessible Restroom with adult changing station
Click here to contact Parks & Recreation Department