San Antonio Water System established Project Agua in 2000 to provide twice-yearly payment assistance to residential SAWS customers who are having difficulty paying their water bill and who meet the Federal Income Assistance Guidelines.
To apply for this program, visit City of San Antonio's Human Services website to download and print application.
Water utility assistance only
To be eligible for this program you must:
- Be a SAWS residential account holder.
- Meet income requirements.
- Provide proof of current income (annually).
- Complete the Uplift application, which can be found here.
Additional eligibility requirements are determined by the City of San Antonio Department of Human Services and may include the following:
- Family size
- Location of residence
- Degree of need or emergency